The Beaumont School swimming team won the Falcon Invitational, hosted by Jefferson Area High School at the SPIRE Institute on Saturday (Jan. 23), in dominating fashion.
Coach Tania Younkin’s team finished with a score of 470 while runner-up Walsh Jesuit came in with a 335. North Ridgeville wasn’t far behind the Warriors with a 312 while Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin (138) and Pymatuning Valley (129) were the other two programs to score north of 100.
Conneaut (90), Jefferson Area (97), Andrews Osborne (39) and Villa Angela-St. Joseph (31) rounded out the nine-team field.
Here are some highlights from the meet:
- Beaumont started the meet with a victory in the 200 medley relay (1:59.93). That was junior Camryn Koonce to seniors Audrey Zorman and Ella Lisac before junior Mateja Rudmann finished it off.
- Freshman Cilka Rowane took second in the 200 free (2:08.47) and junior Ellie Hanna was right behind her in third with a time of 2:17.66. Sophomore Cory Lizalde (2:22.74) and junior Lauren Harmat (2:22.82) took fifth and sixth, respectively.
- Junior Anja Rowane came in fourth in the 200 IM (2:54.00).
- Senior Ella Lisac was the runner-up in the 50 free (26.08) and Rudmann came in fourth (26.63). Junior Reese Brady dropped 0.52 seconds and touched in 28.05 to place seventh.
- Koonce came in second in the 100 fly (1:07.13) and senior Maria Jones was right behind her in 1:14.50. Junior Georgia Larive came in fifth with a time of 1:51.65.
- Lisac won the 100 free in 59.24 and was the only competitor to break 60 seconds. Rudmann was fourth with a time of 1:02.58 and Harmat came in sixth (1:03.87).
- The Blue Streaks dominated the 500 free. Rowane won it in 5:45.96, Zorman was second in 6:03.84, Hanna close to her in 6:06.63 and Lizalde finished fifth in 6:22.95.
- Beaumont’s 200 free relay team came in second (1:59.57). That quartet was Harmat, Lizalde, freshman Olivia Semerano and Jones.
- The Blue Streaks had three top-seven performers in the 100 back: Koonce was second (1:09.38), Jones was sixth (1:12.31) and Brady finished seventh (1:12.58).
- Zorman came in third in the 100 breaststroke (1:15.69) and Anja Rowane was fifth (1:24.75).
- The 400 free relay team of Cilka Rowane, Zorman, Hanna and Harmat finished second in 4:11.51.
Beaumont will have its final tune-up of the regular season on Friday, Feb. 5 at the Beachwood High School Sprint Invitational.