The Beaumont School swim team went on the road and defeated Walsh Jesuit by a score of 101-72 on Saturday (Jan. 2) evening at the Twinsburg Rec Center.
With the win, the Blue Streaks improved to 3-1 on the young year.
To see full meet results, please click HERE.
- Beaumont won the first event of the night, the 200 medley relay, in 2:02.41. That quartet was seniors Ella Lisac and Audrey Zorman with juniors Camryn Koonce and Mateja Rudmann.
- Lisac won the 200 free in 2:18.13 and sophomore Cory Lizalde was right behind her in 2:25.89 while freshman Olivia Semerano took fifth (2:42.89) so the Blue Streaks won that event 11-5.
- Rudmann won the 50 free in 27.08 seconds and senior Maria Jones (29.33) and Mateja’s freshman sister Madji (29.46) finished fifth.
- Koonce won the 100 fly in 1:08.31 while her classmates Ellie Hanna (1:13.95) and Georgia Larive (1:48.52) placed third and fourth, respectively, so the Blue Streaks won that event 11-4.
- Lisac (58.11) and Mateja Rudmann (1:00.54) went one-two in the 100 free. Madji Rudmann finished fourth in 1:05.19.
- Hanna came in second in the 500 free (6:13.71) and Lizalde finished third (6:28.28).
- Beaumont won the 200 free relay in 1:51.29 while Walsh Jesuit’s top group touched in 1:57.47. The Blue Streams foursome was Lisac, Koonce, Hann and Mateja Rudmann.
- Jones won the 100 back in 1:11.91 while freshman Beth Manning (1:35.23) and sophomore Marissa Hanicak (1:39.49) finished fourth and fifth.
- Zorman won the 100 breaststroke in 1:15.92 and freshman Ryann Fishel was the runner-up with a time of 1:28.93.
Beaumont will return to action on Thursday (Jan. 7) with a 5:00 p.m. meet at Gilmour Academy. No spectators are permitted, but the action can be streamed at www.Gilmour.org/Live.