The Beaumont School swimming team opened the season with a 101-65 win over Laurel on Friday (Dec. 11) night at Warrensville Heights High School.
To see full meet results, please click HERE.
- Beaumont opened the meet by taking the 200 medley relay as the foursome of seniors Ella Lisac and Audrey Zorman teamed up with juniors Camryn Koonce and Mateja Rudmann to win the race in 2:02.25.
- The 200 free and 200 IM displayed Beaumont’s depth.
- Laurel’s Jana Gustin touched first in the 200 free with a time of 2:04.97 but juniors Ellie Hanna (2:19.60) and Lauren Harmat (2:23.34) as well as sophomore Cory Lizalde (2:28.12) beat Laurel’s next finisher so Beaumont outscored Laurel in that event by a net of two points.
- Bella Barragate was victorious in the 200 IM but Koonce (2:33.75), Zorman (2:34.47) and junior Anja Rowane (2:53.72) combined to give Beaumont a 9-6 edge in that event.
- Rudmann finished second in the 50 free (26.79) and senior Maria Jones came in fourth (29.67) while Mateja’s freshman sister Madji (30.16) placed fifth.
- Freshman Cilka Rowane took the 100 fly in 1:06.69 and Koonce was behind her in 1:12.13 while junior Georgia Larive finished fourth in 1:19.57. With Laurel’s Madie Malbasa coming in third in that event, Beaumont outscored Laurel by nine in the 100 fly.
- Three of the first four finishers in the 100 fly were representing the blue and white: Lisac won in 58.59 and Mateja Rudmann was the runner-up in 1:02.78 while Madji Rudmann came in fourth with a time of 1:06.44.
- Gustin won the 500 free for Laurel but again, Beaumont’s depth was on display. Cilka Rowane was second (5:47.07), Lizalde took third (6:29.75) and Harmat scored in fourth place (6:46.07).
- Beaumont had two 200 free relay teams finish before Laurel’s top group. The quartet of Lisac, Koonce, Hanna and Mateja Rudmann which was last seen in Canton at the state meet finished in 1:53.00 while Harmat, Lizalde, Madji Rudmann and Cilka Rowane came in with a time of 1:59.72 to best Laurel’s time of 2:07.84.
- Jones (1:14.09), Lisac (1:17.87) and Hanna (1:19.25) took third through fifth, respectively, in the 100 back.
- Zorman (1:17.38), Anja Rowane (1:27.50) and freshman Ryann Fishel (1:31.60) were second, third and fourth in the 100 breaststroke.
- The meet concluded with Laurel taking the 400 free relay. Hanna, Zorman, Jones and Cilka Rowane touched in 4:25.07 while Harmat, Anja Rowane, freshman Olivia Semerano and Fishel covered the distance in 4:56.03.
The Blue Streaks will see Laurel again next time out as Hathaway Brown is hosting a tri-meet with the Blue Streaks and the Gators on Dec. 28 at 5:00 p.m.