The Beaumont School swimming and diving team defeated Walsh Jesuit 95-90 in a North Coast League dual meet held Thursday (Jan. 2) at the University of Akron’s Ocasek Natatorium.
With the win, the Blue Streaks are now 10-2.
Coach Tania Younkin has been at the helm of the Blue Streak program for a decade and Thursday marked her first triumph over the Warriors.
Here are some highlights:
- Beaumont’s top 200 medley relay team went 2:18.46 to get the meet against Walsh Jesuit underway.
- In the 200 free, Camryn Koonce (2:11.47) and Ella Lisac (2:14.16) went one-two.
- Audrey Zorman took third in the 200 IM (2:32.15) and Cory Lizalde was fourth with a time of 2:45.77.
- In the 50 free, Ella Lisac was second, Mateja Rudmann took third and Ellie Hanna finished fifth. Lisac’s time was a 25.9.
- Maria Jones was second in the 100 fly (1:13.30) while True Robinson (1:15.47) and Caitlyn Patton (1:22.18) were right behind her.
- Camryn Koonce won the 100 free in 58.69 and Mateja Rudmann was second in 1:00.41. Gianna Velotta was fifth (1:05.03).
- In the 500 free, Maria Jones was second with a time of 6:37.97. Cory Lizalde was third in 6:45.07 and Lauren Harmat took fourth after touching in 6:45.63.
- Beaumont won the 200 free relay in 1:48.34. The second group beat Walsh’s top team, finishing in 1:56.70.
- In the 100 back, Ellie Hanna was second to touch with a time of 1:15.21.
- Audrey Zorman (1:16.69) and True Robinson (1:16.72) went two-three in the 100 breaststroke.
- In the final event – the 400 free relay – Beaumont’s top group finished in 4:07.27 which was good for second.
Beaumont is back in action on Saturday (Jan. 4) at the Cleveland Heights Relays. That meet starts at 11:00 a.m.